USA: Kmart Sets Up Design Office In NYC
Discount retailer Kmart Holding Corp has opened an apparel design office in New York City's garment district.
The Michigan-based company, which emerged from bankruptcy last May, has assigned the Kmart Design Group to refocus and expand its apparel lines.
At the helm is Kmart chief creative officer Lisa Schultz, who joined the company last year after working for Gap Inc, Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein.
"New York is one of the fashion capitals of the world, and we feel that this is an opportunity to bring quality and style to Kmart customers," spokesman Jack Ferry said.
Kmart sells a number of exclusive fashion brands including Thalia Sodi, Jaclyn Smith, Kathy Ireland and Joe Boxer.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Apparel giant Gap Inc says it will open two branches of its Banana Republic chain in Tokyo later this summer....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corp has reported a dive in first-quarter net income, affected by expenses due to litigation and restructuring....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has signed a definitive agreement to buy back its global licensee for footwear, Ralph Lauren Footwear Co Inc, off sportswear giant Reebok International...
US apparel giant Gap Inc has reported a slump in first-quarter income, after its namesake division saw poor sales of women's spring collections....
Gap has announced that in addition to its 18 Gap stores to be opened in Japan this year it will open five Banana Republic stores in Tokyo....
Apparel giant Gap Inc has announced that its new women's retail division will be called Forth & Towne, alongside revealing a number of strategic growth initiatives....
Apparel giant Gap Inc has named Cynthia Harriss, currently president of Gap Inc Outlet, as new president of the Gap brand....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022