USA: Kmart Sets Up Design Office In NYC
Discount retailer Kmart Holding Corp has opened an apparel design office in New York City's garment district.
The Michigan-based company, which emerged from bankruptcy last May, has assigned the Kmart Design Group to refocus and expand its apparel lines.
At the helm is Kmart chief creative officer Lisa Schultz, who joined the company last year after working for Gap Inc, Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein.
"New York is one of the fashion capitals of the world, and we feel that this is an opportunity to bring quality and style to Kmart customers," spokesman Jack Ferry said.
Kmart sells a number of exclusive fashion brands including Thalia Sodi, Jaclyn Smith, Kathy Ireland and Joe Boxer.
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Apparel giant Gap Inc says it will open two branches of its Banana Republic chain in Tokyo later this summer....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corp has reported a dive in first-quarter net income, affected by expenses due to litigation and restructuring....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has signed a definitive agreement to buy back its global licensee for footwear, Ralph Lauren Footwear Co Inc, off sportswear giant Reebok International...
US apparel giant Gap Inc has reported a slump in first-quarter income, after its namesake division saw poor sales of women's spring collections....
Gap has announced that in addition to its 18 Gap stores to be opened in Japan this year it will open five Banana Republic stores in Tokyo....
Apparel giant Gap Inc has announced that its new women's retail division will be called Forth & Towne, alongside revealing a number of strategic growth initiatives....
Apparel giant Gap Inc has named Cynthia Harriss, currently president of Gap Inc Outlet, as new president of the Gap brand....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Where next for retailers in a saturated market?
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Inventory risk shifts in favour of retailers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020