USA: Kmart Slashes Another 700 Jobs
Bankrupt retailer Kmart Corp is to slash 680 more jobs in an attempt to cut costs and avoid another spate of store closures as sales continue to slide. Nearly 400 of the 2800 employees at the discount retailer's Troy, Michigan headquarters will go said chairman and chief executive officer James Adamson.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Tailored Brands, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth