USA: Kmart To Axe 1,000 HQ Staff?
Troubled retail giant Kmart Corp on Monday confirmed it has yet to decide how many jobs will be cut at its corporate headquarters as it axes more than 300 stores this year. The Michigan-based company was responding to an article in the Detroit Free Press in which a source at the retailer said 1,000 of the 2,900-strong workforce will be fired in April at the bankrupt chain's headquarters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again