USA: Kmart's Bluelight Opens Revamped Store
BlueLight.com has unveiled its new online shopping site. The site has increased its inventory, improved search functionality, and completely revamped the Books-Music-Movies Store."With the launch of our full online shopping site, BlueLight.com is sending a clear message to consumers and to the industry that we are now the place to shop on the web for the widest selection of products at the best prices," said Mark H. Goldstein, CEO of BlueLight.com. Significantly improving upon its successful "preview" site, which achieved traffic numbers greater than other online discount store rivals (Media Metrix), BlueLight.com focused its attention on four key areas in the redesign: product assortment, user functionality, reliability and fulfillment.BlueLight.com now carries hundreds of thousands of products (SKUs), up from 60,000 just a few months ago. The company will be building inventory through the holiday season. The vast collection of products is spread across eight categories including apparel and sports. The site also features exclusive specialty stores with popular Kmart brands found nowhere else on the web: Martha Stewart Everyday, along with Route 66, Jaclyn Smith, Kathy Ireland and jr-s.com apparel and accessories. More exclusive specialty stores are coming soon, including Sesame Street.According to Internet industry analyst firm Jupiter Communications, US consumers are expected to spend an estimated $12bn online this holiday season, representing a 66 per cent growth above the $7bn generated during the 1999 holiday season. With its large selection of merchandise across multiple categories, guaranteed delivery and in-store returns, BlueLight.com is uniquely positioned to capitalise on the increase in online shopping traffic through the end of the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack