USA: Kmart's Bluelight Opens Revamped Store
BlueLight.com has unveiled its new online shopping site. The site has increased its inventory, improved search functionality, and completely revamped the Books-Music-Movies Store."With the launch of our full online shopping site, BlueLight.com is sending a clear message to consumers and to the industry that we are now the place to shop on the web for the widest selection of products at the best prices," said Mark H. Goldstein, CEO of BlueLight.com. Significantly improving upon its successful "preview" site, which achieved traffic numbers greater than other online discount store rivals (Media Metrix), BlueLight.com focused its attention on four key areas in the redesign: product assortment, user functionality, reliability and fulfillment.BlueLight.com now carries hundreds of thousands of products (SKUs), up from 60,000 just a few months ago. The company will be building inventory through the holiday season. The vast collection of products is spread across eight categories including apparel and sports. The site also features exclusive specialty stores with popular Kmart brands found nowhere else on the web: Martha Stewart Everyday, along with Route 66, Jaclyn Smith, Kathy Ireland and jr-s.com apparel and accessories. More exclusive specialty stores are coming soon, including Sesame Street.According to Internet industry analyst firm Jupiter Communications, US consumers are expected to spend an estimated $12bn online this holiday season, representing a 66 per cent growth above the $7bn generated during the 1999 holiday season. With its large selection of merchandise across multiple categories, guaranteed delivery and in-store returns, BlueLight.com is uniquely positioned to capitalise on the increase in online shopping traffic through the end of the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective