USA: Kmart's BlueLight.com Wins Investor's Choice Award
BlueLight.com, Kmart's website, was voted one of the ten most likely to succeed by Internet experts at Internet Outlook, the annual Internet industry outlook conference hosted by Technologic Partners earlier this week. The ten were chosen as "most likely to succeed" from close to 100 privately financed companies that presented their business plans to an audience of several hundred venture capitalists, money managers, investment bankers, and industry executives.Bluelight.com, based in San Francisco, was funded by Kmart and Softbank Venture Capital to offer free Internet access and a shopping portal.In addition to voting by the audience, selection for the Investors' Choice award was based on recommendations from a panel of distinguished technology investors and observers that included Stewart Alsop, general partner at New Enterprise Associates; Alex Baluta, principal at Robertson Stephens, and Steve Jurvetson, managing director at Draper Fisher Jurvetson.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022