USA: Kmart's BlueLight.com Wins Investor's Choice Award
BlueLight.com, Kmart's website, was voted one of the ten most likely to succeed by Internet experts at Internet Outlook, the annual Internet industry outlook conference hosted by Technologic Partners earlier this week. The ten were chosen as "most likely to succeed" from close to 100 privately financed companies that presented their business plans to an audience of several hundred venture capitalists, money managers, investment bankers, and industry executives.Bluelight.com, based in San Francisco, was funded by Kmart and Softbank Venture Capital to offer free Internet access and a shopping portal.In addition to voting by the audience, selection for the Investors' Choice award was based on recommendations from a panel of distinguished technology investors and observers that included Stewart Alsop, general partner at New Enterprise Associates; Alex Baluta, principal at Robertson Stephens, and Steve Jurvetson, managing director at Draper Fisher Jurvetson.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016