USA: Kmart's BlueLight.com Wins Investor's Choice Award
BlueLight.com, Kmart's website, was voted one of the ten most likely to succeed by Internet experts at Internet Outlook, the annual Internet industry outlook conference hosted by Technologic Partners earlier this week. The ten were chosen as "most likely to succeed" from close to 100 privately financed companies that presented their business plans to an audience of several hundred venture capitalists, money managers, investment bankers, and industry executives.Bluelight.com, based in San Francisco, was funded by Kmart and Softbank Venture Capital to offer free Internet access and a shopping portal.In addition to voting by the audience, selection for the Investors' Choice award was based on recommendations from a panel of distinguished technology investors and observers that included Stewart Alsop, general partner at New Enterprise Associates; Alex Baluta, principal at Robertson Stephens, and Steve Jurvetson, managing director at Draper Fisher Jurvetson.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"