USA: Kmart's BlueLight.com Wins Investor's Choice Award
BlueLight.com, Kmart's website, was voted one of the ten most likely to succeed by Internet experts at Internet Outlook, the annual Internet industry outlook conference hosted by Technologic Partners earlier this week. The ten were chosen as "most likely to succeed" from close to 100 privately financed companies that presented their business plans to an audience of several hundred venture capitalists, money managers, investment bankers, and industry executives.Bluelight.com, based in San Francisco, was funded by Kmart and Softbank Venture Capital to offer free Internet access and a shopping portal.In addition to voting by the audience, selection for the Investors' Choice award was based on recommendations from a panel of distinguished technology investors and observers that included Stewart Alsop, general partner at New Enterprise Associates; Alex Baluta, principal at Robertson Stephens, and Steve Jurvetson, managing director at Draper Fisher Jurvetson.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing