US: Kneen takes design role at Banana Republic
Gap has appointed Simon Kneen as the new executive vice president of design and creative director for Banana Republic, with effect from 9 January.
Kneen has more than 25 years' experience in key design roles for clothing brands in the US and Europe, and will be responsible for the product direction and creative strategy for Banana Republic.
For the past five years, Kneen has been creative design director at the Retail Brand Alliance, with responsibility for the creative vision for brands such as Brooks Brothers and Adrienne Vittadini.
"Simon has a tremendous ability to creatively guide a brand, experience delivering a consistent aesthetic across all expressions of the brand, and a proven track record of fostering strong creative teams," said Banana Republic president Jack Calhoun.
Apparel company The Warnaco Group has appointed Bob Dakin to the newly created role of senior vice president of retail....
Despite posting a double-digit increase in first quarter profit this week, Zara operator Inditex dropped below its own average growth rate and the expectations of some analysts. Joe Ayling reports on ...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Same-store sales at Gap Inc tumbled 14% in May as shoppers shunned its Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy stores....
Gap's first-quarter earnings increased 40% to US$249m, beating analyst expectations despite a downturn in sales at the clothing retail group....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
US retail giant Gap Inc is to take its Gap and Banana Republic brands to Russia after expanding its partnership with franchising company Fiba Holding AS....
Upscale lifestyle brand Bonwit Teller is to be relaunched by a team led by River West Brands LLC, its subsidiary Avenue Brands, and fashion industry entrepreneur Andrei Najjar....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report