PAKISTAN: Knitwear and garments drive export growth
Exports of ready-made garments jumped 41.7% to PKR14.87bn in October
Pakistan's knitwear and ready-made garment exports continued to rise during October on the back of increased demand from Europe and the US.
Knitwear exports rose 14.4% to PKR16.91bn (US$176m) in October compared to the same period last year, according to the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics. Exports of ready-made garments jumped 41.7% to PKR14.87bn during the same period.
Cotton cloth exports were up 27.6% to PKR21.16bn, while cotton yarn exports increased 41.3% to PKR16.28bn against the same month last year. Total exports rose 17.54% to PKR192.2bn in October.
Exports of knitwear climbed 4.9% from September to October, while ready-made garments increased 11.9% month-on-month.
Improved domestic energy supplies and a waiver in EU import duties have continued to support the growth in shipments.
Total exports from Pakistan increased 14.6% to PKR776.8bn between July and October, compared to PKR677.8bn the year before. The fiscal year 2013 runs from July 2012 to June 2013.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)