PAKISTAN: Knitwear and garments drive export growth
Exports of ready-made garments jumped 41.7% to PKR14.87bn in October
Pakistan's knitwear and ready-made garment exports continued to rise during October on the back of increased demand from Europe and the US.
Knitwear exports rose 14.4% to PKR16.91bn (US$176m) in October compared to the same period last year, according to the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics. Exports of ready-made garments jumped 41.7% to PKR14.87bn during the same period.
Cotton cloth exports were up 27.6% to PKR21.16bn, while cotton yarn exports increased 41.3% to PKR16.28bn against the same month last year. Total exports rose 17.54% to PKR192.2bn in October.
Exports of knitwear climbed 4.9% from September to October, while ready-made garments increased 11.9% month-on-month.
Improved domestic energy supplies and a waiver in EU import duties have continued to support the growth in shipments.
Total exports from Pakistan increased 14.6% to PKR776.8bn between July and October, compared to PKR677.8bn the year before. The fiscal year 2013 runs from July 2012 to June 2013.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Will Brexit trigger rise in UK manufacturing?
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape