PAKISTAN: Knitwear Association Denies Rejection Claim
Shahzad Azam Khan, chairman of PHMA (North Zone), said Pakistani exporters were flooded with orders from brands such as Chaps, Tommy Hilfiger and Gap - companies that would not buy from Pakistan if the rejection rate were so high.
He said quota utilisation in all knitwear categories was over 100 per cent. Many exporters had booked their entire productions for years to come. He added that most importers had their goods inspected by local agents before they were shipped.
Shahzad said Jim Presely, who made the claim, had admitted that his company was fully compensated for the rejected goods.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Family-focused retailer Kohl's Corporation has revealed plans to launch Polo Ralph Lauren's Chaps brand for women and boys in all stores and on Kohls.com....
Upmarket brand Tommy Hilfiger Corporation says its wholly owned subsidiary Tommy Hilfiger USA Inc has closed the sale of its building at 485 Fifth Avenue in New York City....
US apparel giant Gap Inc has reported a slump in first-quarter income, after its namesake division saw poor sales of women's spring collections....
Luxury goods house Prada is in discussions over a sale of its Helmut Lang label, according to The Times newspaper....
Gap has announced that in addition to its 18 Gap stores to be opened in Japan this year it will open five Banana Republic stores in Tokyo....
Apparel giant Gap Inc has announced that its new women's retail division will be called Forth & Towne, alongside revealing a number of strategic growth initiatives....
Apparel giant Gap Inc has named Cynthia Harriss, currently president of Gap Inc Outlet, as new president of the Gap brand....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022