ROMANIA: Knitwear Specialist Teams Up With Lingerie Leaders
Israeli intimate apparel specialist Delta Galil Industries Ltd is planning to invest $10,000 in Romanian manufacturer Tricotaje SA, and increase the number of employees that work on its products from 50 to 250.
The company's general manager, Pavel Flueras, told Romanian newspaper Libera that some 15,000 euros have been invested in sewing machines under the contracts signed with Delta.
Tricotaje SA, which is based at Ineu, some 500 km west of Bucharest, makes sportswear for the Lotto company, trousers and shirts for AC Milan and Parma soccer clubs, and also for Croatia's national soccer squad.
The company is also undergoing trials for US lingerie label Victoria's Secret.
Tricotaje was founded in 1974 as the Tricoul Rosu Arad knitwear maker. It currently employs 1,400 people.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
2005 was certainly an interesting year. For most people in the industry, it's probably the year's roller-coaster quality that stands out above everything else. That "Buy. Oh we can't. We can now," qua...
Italian sports brand Lotto has appointed Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk as its exclusive licensee for Indonesia until 31 December 2010....
Italian sportswear company Lotto yesterday unveiled the world's first laceless football shoe, the Zhero Gravity, in the UK....
Underwear and intimate apparel company Delta Galil has announced it will lay off 2,000 workers as it closes plants in Central and North America and Israel, and has also reported a $22.8 million third-...
US branded goods giant Sara Lee Corp is to sell off its 23 per cent stake in Israeli garment producer Delta Galil Industries Ltd to GMM Capital LLC for $27.7 million....
Italian sportswear company Lotto Sport Italia has renewed an agreement with underwear specialist Fraly for the manufacture and distribution of sports underwear collections under the Lotto brand....
A breakthrough fabric that incorporates the advantages of performance fabrics into cotton has been launched by Delta Galil Industries Ltd....
Sportswear brand Lotto Sport Italia says it is "very satisfied" with its 2004 results, reporting total sales of €256 million compared with sales of €255m last year....
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022