US: Kohl's chief merchandiser resigns amid strategy shifts
The resignation of Donald Brennan, chief merchandising officer at Kohl's Corp, is seen by analysts as underscoring the shifting strategy currently underway at the department store operator.
Kohl's disclosed Brennan's departure in a filing today (25 March), noting that he will be leaving the company on 1 April.
The resignation is the latest in a line of management changes, and follows a 12% drop in fourth-quarter earnings to US$334m in the three months to 1 February, and a 3.8% slide in sales to $6.1bn.
It could also be positioning chief customer officer Michelle Gass "as front-runner for CEO in the future," according to UBS analyst Michael Binetti. Gass was hired from Starbucks in last year.
Binetti also notes that the CMO position is key at Kohl's as the company undergoes a merchandise strategy transition. But he points out that CEO Kevin Mansell was previously CMO, "so has a good working knowledge of the merchandising function to fill the gap during the search for a replacement."
In the interim, all merchants will report directly to CEO Kevin Mansell.
Inspection, testing and certification company SCS Global Services (SCS) has joined the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), and will promote its Higg Index sustainability measurement tool to help driv...
Lord Daniel Sportswear is implementing NGC's fashion ERP solution to help manage its growing apparel business....
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- US Q3 in brief: Shoe Carnival, Caleres
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory