US: Kohl's chief merchandiser resigns amid strategy shifts
The resignation of Donald Brennan, chief merchandising officer at Kohl's Corp, is seen by analysts as underscoring the shifting strategy currently underway at the department store operator.
Kohl's disclosed Brennan's departure in a filing today (25 March), noting that he will be leaving the company on 1 April.
The resignation is the latest in a line of management changes, and follows a 12% drop in fourth-quarter earnings to US$334m in the three months to 1 February, and a 3.8% slide in sales to $6.1bn.
It could also be positioning chief customer officer Michelle Gass "as front-runner for CEO in the future," according to UBS analyst Michael Binetti. Gass was hired from Starbucks in last year.
Binetti also notes that the CMO position is key at Kohl's as the company undergoes a merchandise strategy transition. But he points out that CEO Kevin Mansell was previously CMO, "so has a good working knowledge of the merchandising function to fill the gap during the search for a replacement."
In the interim, all merchants will report directly to CEO Kevin Mansell.
Kohl's Corporation (Kohl’s) is a specialty retailer of apparel and accessories, and home furnishings. It operates a chain of department stores and sells moderately priced apparel, footwear, accessorie...
Inspection, testing and certification company SCS Global Services (SCS) has joined the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), and will promote its Higg Index sustainability measurement tool to help driv...
Lord Daniel Sportswear is implementing NGC's fashion ERP solution to help manage its growing apparel business....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020