US: Kohl's chief merchandiser resigns amid strategy shifts
The resignation of Donald Brennan, chief merchandising officer at Kohl's Corp, is seen by analysts as underscoring the shifting strategy currently underway at the department store operator.
Kohl's disclosed Brennan's departure in a filing today (25 March), noting that he will be leaving the company on 1 April.
The resignation is the latest in a line of management changes, and follows a 12% drop in fourth-quarter earnings to US$334m in the three months to 1 February, and a 3.8% slide in sales to $6.1bn.
It could also be positioning chief customer officer Michelle Gass "as front-runner for CEO in the future," according to UBS analyst Michael Binetti. Gass was hired from Starbucks in last year.
Binetti also notes that the CMO position is key at Kohl's as the company undergoes a merchandise strategy transition. But he points out that CEO Kevin Mansell was previously CMO, "so has a good working knowledge of the merchandising function to fill the gap during the search for a replacement."
In the interim, all merchants will report directly to CEO Kevin Mansell.
Kohl's Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offer...
Kohl’s operates department stores that sell moderately-priced branded and private label apparel, home products, and housewares. Thanks to its size, the company is able to offer top brands and exclusiv...
Bangladesh's apparel exports edged up by 1.7% in the first two months of the current fiscal year as buyers continue to remain cautious following last year's factory safety issues and subsequent strike...
With a large population and high income per head, demand for apparel in the USA is huge -- amounting to nearly US$300 bn during 2012. This has facilitated sustained growth of a number of giant retaile...
Nine West Holdings' footwear group is to be split into four separate businesses by private equity firm Sycamore Partners in a bid to drive long-term growth....
US department store retailer Kohl's has booked a slight increase in second-quarter profit, driven by lower costs, but analysts suggest its lack of guidance "creates suspense."...
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details