US: Kohl's cuts guidance on e-commerce expenses
Kohl's lowered its fourth-quarter EPS guidance
US department store operator Kohl's has again lowered its full-year earnings forecast on the back of costs related to its e-commerce business.
In an update for the fourth quarter, Kohl's said comparable store sales dropped 2%. The company said January sales were "significantly" lower than planned as a result of lower traffic and low levels of clearance merchandise.
In addition, unanticipated expenses in servicing its e-commerce business led to higher than expected costs for the quarter.
As a result of the expenses, Kohl's has lowered its fourth-quarter diluted earnings per share estimates from $1.59 to $1.74 to around $1.53.
Lord Daniel Sportswear is implementing NGC's fashion ERP solution to help manage its growing apparel business....
Kohl's Corporation (Kohl’s) is a specialty retailer of apparel and accessories, and home furnishings. It operates a chain of department stores and sells moderately priced apparel, footwear, accessorie...
Kohl’s operates department stores that sell moderately-priced branded and private label apparel, home products, and housewares. Thanks to its size, the company is able to offer top brands and exclusiv...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide