US: Kohl's Department Stores in RFID rollout
Kohl's Department Stores has deployed RFID solutions across select departments after a successful pilot of the technology last year across 25 of its stores.
The retailer is using Checkpoint's Merchandise Visibility enterprise software centrally in data centre, handheld RFID readers to perform regular in-store inventory counts, RFID printers and handheld readers for tagging at distribution centres and Checkpoint's RFID tags and labels for initial store tagging, tagging at distribution centres and source tagging.
"RFID will further enhance our customers' shopping experience by providing improved operational visibility, enabling us to more efficiently identify items which need to be replenished on the sales floor," said Ken Bonning, senior executive vice president at Kohl's Department Stores.
The company's RFID deployment is focused on a large number of strategic apparel departments including footwear, denim and men's basics.
Department store retailer Kohl's Corporation has reported a double-digit drop in third-quarter profit - but according to one analyst, new initiatives in place will lead to improvement in the fourth qu...
The most-read stories on just-style this week included news that VF Corp is being viewed as the most suitable buyer for sportswear brand Puma, an insight into some of the trends and challenges facing ...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry