US: Kohl's Department Stores in RFID rollout
Kohl's Department Stores has deployed RFID solutions across select departments after a successful pilot of the technology last year across 25 of its stores.
The retailer is using Checkpoint's Merchandise Visibility enterprise software centrally in data centre, handheld RFID readers to perform regular in-store inventory counts, RFID printers and handheld readers for tagging at distribution centres and Checkpoint's RFID tags and labels for initial store tagging, tagging at distribution centres and source tagging.
"RFID will further enhance our customers' shopping experience by providing improved operational visibility, enabling us to more efficiently identify items which need to be replenished on the sales floor," said Ken Bonning, senior executive vice president at Kohl's Department Stores.
The company's RFID deployment is focused on a large number of strategic apparel departments including footwear, denim and men's basics.
US department store retailer Kohl's has outlined a new strategic initiative designed to generate sales growth, after booking a drop in earnings and revenue in the first quarter. The plan, dubbed "Grea...
Kohl's Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offer...
Bangladesh's ready-made garment exports are continuing to soar, rising by nearly 14% in the just-finished fiscal year as political stability returns to the South Asian country....
Kohl’s operates department stores that sell moderately-priced branded and private label apparel, home products, and housewares. Thanks to its size, the company is able to offer top brands and exclusiv...
An innovative new pocketing fabric has been developed using Lenzing's Tencel fibre, which is said to take pocketing and waistbanding "to a new era with softness, strength and sustainability."...
With a large population and high income per head, demand for apparel in the USA is huge -- amounting to nearly US$300 bn during 2012. This has facilitated sustained growth of a number of giant retaile...
The deal by Men's Wearhouse to acquire US men's apparel and footwear business Jos A Bank Clothiers has been given the green light by The Federal Trade Commission (FTC)....
Lectra is joining forces with Spectraflow to offer a range of colour management solutions for fashion and apparel designers from conception to production....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies