US: Kohl's Department Stores in RFID rollout
Kohl's Department Stores has deployed RFID solutions across select departments after a successful pilot of the technology last year across 25 of its stores.
The retailer is using Checkpoint's Merchandise Visibility enterprise software centrally in data centre, handheld RFID readers to perform regular in-store inventory counts, RFID printers and handheld readers for tagging at distribution centres and Checkpoint's RFID tags and labels for initial store tagging, tagging at distribution centres and source tagging.
"RFID will further enhance our customers' shopping experience by providing improved operational visibility, enabling us to more efficiently identify items which need to be replenished on the sales floor," said Ken Bonning, senior executive vice president at Kohl's Department Stores.
The company's RFID deployment is focused on a large number of strategic apparel departments including footwear, denim and men's basics.
Department store retailer Kohl's Corporation has reported a double-digit drop in third-quarter profit - but according to one analyst, new initiatives in place will lead to improvement in the fourth qu...
The most-read stories on just-style this week included news that VF Corp is being viewed as the most suitable buyer for sportswear brand Puma, an insight into some of the trends and challenges facing ...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015