US: Kohl's Department Stores in RFID rollout
Kohl's Department Stores has deployed RFID solutions across select departments after a successful pilot of the technology last year across 25 of its stores.
The retailer is using Checkpoint's Merchandise Visibility enterprise software centrally in data centre, handheld RFID readers to perform regular in-store inventory counts, RFID printers and handheld readers for tagging at distribution centres and Checkpoint's RFID tags and labels for initial store tagging, tagging at distribution centres and source tagging.
"RFID will further enhance our customers' shopping experience by providing improved operational visibility, enabling us to more efficiently identify items which need to be replenished on the sales floor," said Ken Bonning, senior executive vice president at Kohl's Department Stores.
The company's RFID deployment is focused on a large number of strategic apparel departments including footwear, denim and men's basics.
Department store retailer Kohl's Corporation has reported a double-digit drop in third-quarter profit - but according to one analyst, new initiatives in place will lead to improvement in the fourth qu...
The most-read stories on just-style this week included news that VF Corp is being viewed as the most suitable buyer for sportswear brand Puma, an insight into some of the trends and challenges facing ...
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020