US: Kohl's launches DesigNation with Narciso Rodriguez
US department store operator Kohl's has announced a partnership with Narciso Rodriguez, who will be the first designer for the retailer's limited edition concept called DesigNation.
The DeisgNation concept will include collections based on international inspiration from different premier designers.
Narciso Rodriguez's collection will be influenced by his trip to Istanbul, Turkey earlier this year. The range will feature misses apparel including outerwear, dresses, skirts, trousers and shirts, and will be priced between US$30-150.
It will be available exclusively at Kohl's stores and online from early-November through December this year.
The retailer plans to launch multiple DesigNation collections throughout the year, with each collection featuring a different designer, marrying their aesthetic with influence from various international destinations.
"Kohl's has a long-standing history of successful and innovative long-term partnerships for both exclusive and national brands such as Simply Vera Vera Wang, Jennifer Lopez, Cuisinart and Levi's," said Kohl's chairman, president and CEO Kevin Mansell.
"Additionally, we are pleased to offer our customers more fashion options through the DesigNation concept. We are confident that the Narciso Rodriguez collection will resonate with consumers nationwide and continue to position Kohl's as a style destination."
From toxic T-shirts to virtual fitting rooms, defamatory garments and compostable shoes, the clothing and textiles industry in 2012 was anything but dull....
Textile-making countries came up against a range of labour, economic and environmental issues in 2012, including the worsening Eurozone crisis which dampened demand in key export markets. While some s...
Faced with continuing challenging trading conditions in 2012, retailers responded with a number of different strategies to try to grow their businesses. International expansion, new and larger format ...
US brands and retailers were baling out of Bangladesh even before the fire at the Tazreen Fashion factory killed more than 110 people at the end of last month. And given the subsequent criticism aimed...
Strong Black Friday week sales were no match for the disruption caused by Hurricane Sandy, as US retailers hope to make up lost sales in December....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' November 2012 sales results....
Levi Strauss, the world's largest jeans manufacturer, has pledged to phase out hazardous chemicals from its supply chain by 2020, following pressure from environmental group Greenpeace....
Harmit Singh is set to join jeans and clothing brand Levi Strauss & Co as executive vice president and CFO in January....
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- El Corte Ingles to accelerate time to market
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019