US: Kohl's launches new children's wear label
US department store operator Kohl's Corporation has launched a new private children's playwear brand called Jumping Beans.
It will include apparel and home products, with Jumping Beans apparel available straight away and home slated for May 2008. Apparel is sized for boys and girls from newborn to 7 years old, the company said.
The launch is supported by marketing efforts including in-store graphics, online, direct mail advertising and direct outreach.
"We are excited to build upon our exclusive and private brand strategy with the introduction of Jumping Beans, our largest launch in the children's category," said Kevin Mansell, president of Kohl's.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' July 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
As the retail climate worsens, many Western clothing chains are seeking to cut costs by outsourcing design elements to their suppliers in emerging market countries. But how reliable are local design s...
From cotton to shops, Latin America to Asia, Crystal SA is not only one of the largest knitwear companies in Colombia but also has ambitious expansion plans, as Niki Tait reports....
Tarrant Apparel Group, a design and sourcing company for private label and private brand casual apparel, has swung to a second quarter loss after being hit by charges relating to the bankruptcy filing...
Despite a 12.3% drop in second quarter profit, department store retailer Kohl's Corporation has raised its full-year earnings guidance on the calculation that a 4% drop in same-store sales for the res...
Third quarter profit at maternity wear retailer Mothers Work Inc has quadrupled, helped by higher same-store and internet sales despite the weak overall economic and retail environment....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' June 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Kohl's Department Stores has announced a new 2008 back-to-school marketing campaign starring musicians Lenny Kravitz and Avril Lavigne....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022