US: Kohl’s opens nine new stores
Retailer Kohl’s Department Stores has announced the opening of nine new stores in six US states, part of the company’s 2010 expansion drive.
The new stores in Colorado, Maryland, Mississippi, New York, Oregon and Pennsylvania will create more than 1,500 jobs, Kohl’s said.
The openings are part of a drive by the company to open about 30 new stores in 2010, also remodelling 85 stores, up 66% on last year.
“We’re pleased to be able to create 1,500 more jobs as Kohl’s continues to build momentum and gain market share in this tough economy,” said Kohl’s chairman, president and CEO Kevin Mansell.
By the end of March, the company will operate 1,067 stores in 49 US states.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' June 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Trade fashion event Pure London has joined forces with French trade show Who's Next and Premiere Classe to host a buying event in Dubai....
The following is a roundup of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
US department store chain Kohl's Corporation has boosted second quarter and first-half profits after improving sales and inventory management. ...
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022