US: Kohl's Q4 earnings slide
- Q4 net profit slides 12%
- Sales down 3.8%
E-commerce expenses led to higher than expected costs for the quarter
US department store operator Kohl's has recorded a drop in fourth-quarter earnings on the back of costs related to its e-commerce business.
In the three months ended 1 February, net profit slid 12% to US$334m. Unanticipated expenses in servicing its e-commerce business led to higher than expected costs for the quarter.
Sales were down 3.8% to $6.1bn as a result of lower traffic and low levels of clearance merchandise.
Based on assumptions of total sales increases of 0.5% to 2.5% and comparable sales increases of 0 to 2%, the company said it expects full-year earnings per diluted share of $4.05 to $4.45.
UBS analyst Michael Binetti said the results were largely in line with consensus. The key NT driver for Kohl stock will be updates on progress in key strategic initiatives (reducing inventory/store by -MSD per store/year, increasing mix of national brands, reducing private brands, new e-commerce initiatives like store to door, non-credit card rewards program roll out).
"Like the peer group, we expect to hear about weather-hindered negative sales through Valentine's Day that have turned positive in late-February."
US department store retailer Kohl's has outlined a new strategic initiative designed to generate sales growth, after booking a drop in earnings and revenue in the first quarter. The plan, dubbed "Grea...
Kohl's Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offer...
Bangladesh's ready-made garment exports are continuing to soar, rising by nearly 14% in the just-finished fiscal year as political stability returns to the South Asian country....
Kohl’s operates department stores that sell moderately-priced branded and private label apparel, home products, and housewares. Thanks to its size, the company is able to offer top brands and exclusiv...
An innovative new pocketing fabric has been developed using Lenzing's Tencel fibre, which is said to take pocketing and waistbanding "to a new era with softness, strength and sustainability."...
With a large population and high income per head, demand for apparel in the USA is huge -- amounting to nearly US$300 bn during 2012. This has facilitated sustained growth of a number of giant retaile...
The deal by Men's Wearhouse to acquire US men's apparel and footwear business Jos A Bank Clothiers has been given the green light by The Federal Trade Commission (FTC)....
Lectra is joining forces with Spectraflow to offer a range of colour management solutions for fashion and apparel designers from conception to production....
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Li & Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report