US: Kohl's Q4 earnings slide
- Q4 net profit slides 12%
- Sales down 3.8%
E-commerce expenses led to higher than expected costs for the quarter
US department store operator Kohl's has recorded a drop in fourth-quarter earnings on the back of costs related to its e-commerce business.
In the three months ended 1 February, net profit slid 12% to US$334m. Unanticipated expenses in servicing its e-commerce business led to higher than expected costs for the quarter.
Sales were down 3.8% to $6.1bn as a result of lower traffic and low levels of clearance merchandise.
Based on assumptions of total sales increases of 0.5% to 2.5% and comparable sales increases of 0 to 2%, the company said it expects full-year earnings per diluted share of $4.05 to $4.45.
UBS analyst Michael Binetti said the results were largely in line with consensus. The key NT driver for Kohl stock will be updates on progress in key strategic initiatives (reducing inventory/store by -MSD per store/year, increasing mix of national brands, reducing private brands, new e-commerce initiatives like store to door, non-credit card rewards program roll out).
"Like the peer group, we expect to hear about weather-hindered negative sales through Valentine's Day that have turned positive in late-February."
Inspection, testing and certification company SCS Global Services (SCS) has joined the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), and will promote its Higg Index sustainability measurement tool to help driv...
Kohl's Corporation (Kohl’s) is a specialty retailer of apparel and accessories, and home furnishings. It operates a chain of department stores and sells moderately priced apparel, footwear, accessorie...
Lord Daniel Sportswear is implementing NGC's fashion ERP solution to help manage its growing apparel business....
Kohl’s operates department stores that sell moderately-priced branded and private label apparel, home products, and housewares. Thanks to its size, the company is able to offer top brands and exclusiv...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Rana Plaza fund call grows as anniversary nears
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019