USA: Kohl's Sees Profit Rise By 43 Per Cent
Net income for the first quarter ending May 5 rose to $75.1m or 22 cents a diluted share.
The retailer has seen earnings soar and has pencilled out a plan to turn itself into a national retailer by expanding to the south west and California in 2003.
Sales rose 21 per cent to $1.49bn from $1.23bn, on top of a 35 per cent increase in the first quarter last year.
In the same period, Kohl's continued its expansion plans by opening 34 new stores, bringing the total to 354 stores in 28 states.
Companies: Kohl’s Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Departmental store Kohl's Corporation has announced that its chief operating officer since 2000, Arlene Meier, plans to retire by the end of 2006....
Kohl's Corporation is mounting a search for a new chief operating officer after Arlene Meier announced she will retire from her position at the end of the year....
Kohl's Corporation has reported a 19.7% jump in full year net income as sales also experienced a double-digit increase....
Mid-priced department store retailer Kohl's has boosted third-quarter profit by 15.3 per cent after concentrating on new brands....
Specialty department store operator Kohl's Corporation has unveiled a set of financial objectives and growth strategies for the next five years....
Department store retailer Kohl's Corp says second-quarter net income jumped 27.4 per cent as new brands went down well in stores....
Maternity apparel company Mothers Work Inc has reported a drop in third-quarter earnings after suffering from unexpectedly low sales....
Family-focused retailer Kohl's Corporation has revealed plans to launch Polo Ralph Lauren's Chaps brand for women and boys in all stores and on Kohls.com....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar