US: Kohl's store expansion to create 3000 new jobs
Kohl's Corp is to open 21 new stores across the US, which will create close to 3,000 jobs in 15 states.
The company also said that a new customer service and operations centre in San Antonio, which recently hired around 200 workers, expects to create more than 1,000 jobs over the next three years.
"We're pleased to be in a position to create more than 4,000 jobs as Kohl's continues to build market share in a challenging economy," said Kevin Mansell, Kohl's chairman, president and CEO. "We continue to bring customers new stores where they can enjoy Kohl's great brands and tremendous values. Additionally, we have invested in our existing store base by remodeling 85 stores, 66% more stores than last year, to keep the customer experience fresh and exciting."
The new stores will open in Alabama, California, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania. The company now operates 1,089 stores in 49 states. Kohl's also invested in its current store base and remodeled 85 stores this year, a 66 % increase from 2009.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' February 2011 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' August 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Falling women's wear sales and lower selling prices have contributed to a wider full-year losses at clothing maker Hampshire Group Limited....
Fashion basics and thermal underwear maker Intradeco Apparel is to buy Ivory International, a manufacturer of ladies, men's and children's apparel....
Department store retailer Kohl's Corporation posted a double-digit profit rise in the fourth quarter thanks to a 6.3% revenue increase and a 4.3% gain in comparable store sales....
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022