US: Kohl's to implement Oracle retail application
US department store operator Kohl's is to use Oracle Retail's merchandising and planning applications to help integrate its core retail operations and support its multi-channel growth.
The software specialist's Merchandising, Planning and Supply Chain solution will be used at Kohl's 1,146 stores to streamline merchandising and planning.
It also aims to help Kohl's optimise its operations through effective management and execution of processes such as purchasing, distribution, and financial close.
"As retailers move quickly to provide commerce anywhere, anytime, the Oracle Retail suite of applications helps to streamline operations and enable the delivery of a cohesive, personalised retail experience," said Mike Webster, senior vice president and general manager at Oracle Retail.
"By selecting the Oracle Retail platform, Kohl's is laying the foundation for growth today and in the future."
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Kohl’s operates department stores that sell moderately-priced branded and private label apparel, home products, and housewares. Thanks to its size, the company is able to offer top brands and exclusiv...
A group of leading North American retailers and brands - led by Wal-Mart and Gap - have committed more than $142m in funding and low interest loans to help improve factory safety conditions for garmen...
Department store operator Kohl's has reported a 4% decline in first-quarter net profit because of lower-than-expected sales....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change