US: Kohl's to implement Oracle retail application
US department store operator Kohl's is to use Oracle Retail's merchandising and planning applications to help integrate its core retail operations and support its multi-channel growth.
The software specialist's Merchandising, Planning and Supply Chain solution will be used at Kohl's 1,146 stores to streamline merchandising and planning.
It also aims to help Kohl's optimise its operations through effective management and execution of processes such as purchasing, distribution, and financial close.
"As retailers move quickly to provide commerce anywhere, anytime, the Oracle Retail suite of applications helps to streamline operations and enable the delivery of a cohesive, personalised retail experience," said Mike Webster, senior vice president and general manager at Oracle Retail.
"By selecting the Oracle Retail platform, Kohl's is laying the foundation for growth today and in the future."
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
A group of leading North American retailers and brands - led by Wal-Mart and Gap - have committed more than $142m in funding and low interest loans to help improve factory safety conditions for garmen...
Department store operator Kohl's has reported a 4% decline in first-quarter net profit because of lower-than-expected sales....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Burlington Stores, Destination XL
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory