US: Kohl's to sell exclusive 'Elle' apparel line
Department store retailer Kohl's Corp is to partner with Lagardere Active Media Licensing on the development of a line of Elle-branded women's apparel.
The line will be sold in the US exclusively at Kohl's from spring 2007. It will initially launch in about 300 stores nationwide as well as Kohls.com.
The collection will feature wardrobe essentials and key trend items such as knit and woven tops, denim and twill bottoms, skirts, dresses, shorts and jackets.
"Since sharing our speed-to-market strategy last October, we have made significant progress with several existing brands, reducing merchandise cycle time by 12 weeks," said Kohl's Department Stores' president Kevin Mansell.
"The launch of the Elle brand demonstrates our speed-to-market success with new partners, allowing us to bring young women contemporary, runway-inspired fashions several months faster than ever before," he added.
Mansell referred to the double-digit readership growth that 'Elle' magazine has enjoyed, adding that he was "confident that this brand will resonate with young, hip shoppers".
Lagardère Active Media CEO (licensing), Fabrice A Plaquevent, added: "This exciting licensing agreement with Kohl's is an extension of our parent company's global strategy for Elle, the largest fashion magazine brand in the world."
Kohl's will lead the development, distribution and marketing of the collection, while Hachette Filipacchi Media US will coordinate print advertising in the US edition of Elle magazine.
Wal-Mart Stores Inc is to reduce the number of shops that sell its fashion line by designer Mark Eisen in a bid to clear out stocks of unsold clothing....
Shares of Sears Holdings lost 10% of their value on Tuesday (10 July) after the retailer issued a weak sales report and warned of second quarter earnings that could get only half of the way towards an...
A Guatemalan factory producing some of the Daisy Fuentes clothing sold at Kohl's Corp has agreed to make improvements after allegations last month that it was an abusive sweatshop....
Retailer The Talbots has appointed Liz Claiborne's former president, Trudy Sullivan, as the company's new president and CEO....
Liz Claiborne on Wednesday (20 June) unveiled a new organisational structure, splitting its business between "direct" and "partnered" brands, and said it had hired Andrew C Warren as its new chief fin...
Blouses and other garments sold exclusively at Kohl's department stores as part of the Daisy Fuentes clothing line are being made in a sweatshop in Guatemala it was alleged today....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May 2007 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Continuing to diversify beyond its original base in outerwear, G-III Apparel Group has acquired various assets of two affiliated companies, Jessica Howard and Industrial Cotton, for US$8.1m....
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack