US: Kohl's unveils American Idol collection
The Authentic Icon (AI) collection is aimed at young shoppers
US department store chain Kohl's has teamed up with the makers of the American Idol television talent show to launch an exclusive clothing collection next month.
The newly created American Idol fashion brand - called Authentic Icon (AI) - is aimed at young shoppers, and will be available at Kohl's stores and online. The spring collection will be available during June to coincide with American Idol's 11th season.
The Mesh division of LF USA, a subsidiary of sourcing giant Li & Fung, will design and produce the collection.
“The American Idol collection will build upon the powerful influence of music and entertainment on today’s fashion conscious consumers,” said Rick Darling, president of LF USA.
“As consumers seek innovative and differentiated concepts, we are excited to partner with Kohl’s and American Idol to deliver a unique and compelling fashion proposition.”
Kevin Mansell, Kohl's chairman, president and CEO, added: "We are...confident this partnership makes Kohl's an immediate consumer destination this spring."
Despite the increasing number of roll-outs of RFID item-level tagging by retail giants such as Walmart, JCPenney, Marks & Spencer and supply chain giant Li & Fung, the price of RFID inlays (the electr...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' August 2012 sales results. ...
Li & Fung, the world's largest supplier of apparel and consumer goods, has stressed that growth through strategic acquisitions and the trend for outsourcing by retailers and brands will continue to dr...
Lured by warm weather and promotions to clear summer merchandise, US shoppers hit the stores in July giving an overall boost to many apparel retailers - but the results shed little light on back-to-sc...
A sourcing deal inked more than two years ago between Li & Fung and Wal-Mart Stores has been replaced by a new agreement that allows the global supply chain manager to offer a range of new services to...
Top stories on just-style this week include the Olympic Games failing to boost August retail sales in the UK, a look at just-style's latest management briefing on RFID technology and H&M calls for hig...
Core operating profits at consumer goods giant Li & Fung fell 22% despite a slight rise in turnover, as the Hong Kong-based company was hit by continued economic fragility in its main markets....
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- New fabric protection with battlefield beginnings
- Gerber launches Mauritius apparel programme
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019