TURKEY: Kombassan Sells Hit or Miss Retail Chain in US.
Kombassan Holding, one of the largest Islamic conglomerates in Turkey, was forced to sell its Hit or Miss clothing retail chain due to financial troubles. The Hit or Miss management filed for bankruptcy protection in February 2001. The retail chain, which includes 252 stores based in Boston, Washington and New York, owes some $150m to Turkish suppliers. Kombassan Holding acquired the retailer in 1999, aiming to increase the number of its stores to 1,000 and its turnover to $5.0bn from $100m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"