VIETNAM: Korean Clothing Firm To Build $40m Factory
South Korean clothing and footwear producer Baiksan T&S Co is to invest $40 million in a new apparel factory in Vietnam to supply that country's major and leather and shoe exporters, it revealed on Thursday. The company said work on the new plant will get underway later this year and will boost its stable of Asian plants to 14 as it looks to supply manufacturers who make items for firms including Adidas and Nike.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again