CZECH REPUBLIC: Kozeluzny Otrokovice Up For Auction
Bankrupt leather processing plant Kozeluzny Otrokovice will be auctioned on December 18, with the minimum price set at Kc65m ($1.6m), bankruptcy administrator Rene Husek told Ceska Tiskova Kancelar today. The company went bankrupt in November last year.The sale was approved by a majority of the creditors committee, among them the state-owned Konsolidacni banka, Komercni banka, Tax Office in Otrokovice, Toma Otrokovice, and Danish firm Rasmussen & Partners. Husek sees the auction as the most transparent form of sale of the entire company.Kozeluzny's largest creditor is state-owned Konsolidacni banka, with claims worth Kc500m ($12.5m). Along with Toma Otrokovice and Prumyslova COV Otrokovice it has filed a bankruptcy petition against the firm. Total claims amount to nearly Kc1.5bn ($37m).In 1996, Kozeluzny, then the largest leather processing company in Europe, had 800 staff. In Q1 of 1998 it had 190 staff and sales of Kc76m ($1.9m), posting a Kc27m ($673,434) loss. In October of this year, ten months after the declaration of bankruptcy, it posted a loss of Kc30m ($748,260).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report