CHINA: Kuehne + Nagel sets up integrated quality inspection centres for C&A
Logistics group Kuehne + Nagel says it recently set up integrated quality inspection centres in several Chinese cities for C&A's flat packed and garment-on-hanger shipments.
The sites are based in Yantian, Shanghai, Tianjin and Dalian where the logistics group offers seafreight consolidation services to Europe.
The move is part of an extended logistics agreement with the clothing retailer which began in 2006.
Kuehne + Nagel is also in charge of C&A's airfreight shipments via gateways in Guangzhou, Shanghai and Beijing to the retailer's distribution centers in Germany.
C&A's Co-ordinating Manager, Central Logistics, Overseas & European Transport, Customs and CCR, Patrick Rupprecht, said the extension of the partnership reflected Kuehne + Nagel's "special know-how in retail logistics."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Trade Facilitation is the new industry buzzword, but can anyone get excited about it? asks Mike Flanagan. They should, he says, highlighting here the potential of the WTO's Bali Package to enhance clo...
Spanish retail group Inditex, owner of the Zara fashion brand, has joined a raft of apparel companies in halting the use of angora wool in all of its products....
Luxury spending in mainland China has slowed, with similar expectations for growth forecast for 2014, according to figures from consulting firm Bain & Co....
Apparel trade associations on both sides of the Atlantic have drawn up a list of possible measures to be addressed in talks over a future transatlantic trade deal....
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has welcomed a new measure which would make US imports of travel goods eligible for duty benefits....
PVH Corp, owner of the Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger brands, has joined a number of apparel firms in banning the use of angora in all of its products after an investigation by animal rights group PE...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report