USA: Kymsta To Appeal Ruling In Quiksilver Case
The Los Angeles-based company, which was stripped of the ability to license or advertise its 'Roxywear' line as a result of the ruling, will cite erroneous and unreasonable court decisions in its appeal.
According to Kymsta CFO Arthur Pereira, the decision to appeal was made after a period of reflection on the original ruling.
"At first, we were pleased with the trial result because we were allowed to sell Roxywear clothing to any retailer," he said.
"However, upon further reflection, we believe some of the court's decisions were erroneous and that some of the restrictions imposed upon our business are unreasonable."
Surfwear company Quiksilver is based in Huntington Beach, California.
Companies: Quiksilver Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Outdoor sports lifestyle company Quiksilver has appointed three new members to its board of directors....
Outdoors sports brand Quiksilver Inc has announced plans to set up a new facility aimed at unifying the operations of its winter sports businesses and advancing the positions of its lifestyle brands....
Outdoor sports company Quiksilver Inc says it has upped its ownership in the Rossignol brand to over 95 per cent with over 96 per cent of voting rights....
Outdoor sports company Quiksilver has completed its purchase of Skis Rossignol SA and has named Jean-Francois Gautier as the division's president....
US surfwear company Quiksilver Inc has completed its tender offer for the outstanding share capital of winter sports goods business Skis Rossignol SA....
Casual clothing brand Quiksilver Inc has bought the Canadian distributor of DC Shoes it was announced yesterday....
Casual lifestyle clothing company Quiksilver Inc has unveiled a new global management structure to support company growth....
Winter sports goods maker Skis Rossignol SA has sunk into a full-year loss for the year ended 31 March, hurt by inventory write-downs, a slump in the general snowboarding market, and restructuring ac...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016