CANADA: L Brands to move La Senza DC to Ohio
L Brands, the new, temporary name for Limited Brands, is to relocate its La Senza distribution centre operations from Montreal, Canada to its Columbus, Ohio base in the US to "better meet customer demand" worldwide.
The move will take place in September, according to a La Senza spokesperson.
"While this is the right decision for the future of La Senza, changes affecting our associates are never easy," the spokesperson told just-style yesterday (20 May).
Some La Senza staff will transfer to other Canadian operations, while the rest will receive separation pay and job transition services.
"Additionally, we will support them in pursuing any roles that may become available across our family of brands," the spokesperson added.
L Brands bought Canadian intimate apparel retailer La Senza in late 2006, and employs nearly 6,000 workers in Canada. The company said this number continues to grow through its Victoria's Secret, Victoria's Secret PINK, Bath & Body Works and La Senza stores.
Valued at US$87.0bn, the Middle East and African apparel market accounted for just 5% of total global apparel value sales in 2012. Nonetheless, it was the second fastest growing region globally in 201...
US women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has appointed Judith Langley as the executive vice president and chief merchandising officer of its Dressbarn brand....
Three new signatories and two new associate members have joined the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) programme....
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Lindex planning supplier sustainability scorecard
- US Q1 in brief: VF Corp, Carter's, Skechers
- Timberland sets new eco-preferred standards
- BHS receives "expressions of interest"