CANADA: L Brands to move La Senza DC to Ohio
L Brands, the new, temporary name for Limited Brands, is to relocate its La Senza distribution centre operations from Montreal, Canada to its Columbus, Ohio base in the US to "better meet customer demand" worldwide.
The move will take place in September, according to a La Senza spokesperson.
"While this is the right decision for the future of La Senza, changes affecting our associates are never easy," the spokesperson told just-style yesterday (20 May).
Some La Senza staff will transfer to other Canadian operations, while the rest will receive separation pay and job transition services.
"Additionally, we will support them in pursuing any roles that may become available across our family of brands," the spokesperson added.
L Brands bought Canadian intimate apparel retailer La Senza in late 2006, and employs nearly 6,000 workers in Canada. The company said this number continues to grow through its Victoria's Secret, Victoria's Secret PINK, Bath & Body Works and La Senza stores.
Valued at US$87.0bn, the Middle East and African apparel market accounted for just 5% of total global apparel value sales in 2012. Nonetheless, it was the second fastest growing region globally in 201...
US women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has appointed Judith Langley as the executive vice president and chief merchandising officer of its Dressbarn brand....
Three new signatories and two new associate members have joined the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) programme....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)