SINGAPORE: L Capital Asia appoints Mehra as MD
The company said Mehra has a wealth of knowledge and experience having spent the last 20 years developing premium brands including Oilily and Nike.
Over the past five years, he played a key role in expanding Tommy Hilfiger's business through South East Asia, as well as building a retail franchise business for many countries, including Indonesia and Thailand.
"We are fortunate to have someone of Uday Mehra's calibre and experience," said L Capital Asia managing partner Ravi Thakran.
"L Capital Asia is continuously growing and we are at a critical moment where we need a strong and visionary leadership team to implement our strategy and take advantage of the market opportunities ahead.
"Uday has a proven track record of execution and is a globally accomplished retail and brand executive in both Asia and Europe. He is a strong communicator with deep leadership capabilities."
PVH's acquisition of Warnaco will have the obvious benefit of uniting the Calvin Klein brand, but PVH chairman and CEO Emanuel Chirico also emphasised the potential to leverage Warnaco's strong platfo...
Premium lifestyle brand Tommy Hilfiger is joining forces with Brazil-based Inbrands to distribute its products in the country....
Clothing maker PVH is to buy rival The Warnaco Group in a cash-and-stock deal worth about $2.9bn that also brings together all Calvin Klein apparel categories in one place for a single vision of the b...
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
The production of sustainable apparel in China has a "blind spot" that wastes large amounts of energy and water, and causes pollution problems, says a new report....
Luxury goods powerhouse LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has booked a 15% increase in third quarter revenue on the back of its strong performance in the US....
France's public prosecutor has opened a preliminary investigation following the lawsuit lodged by Hermès against rival luxury goods firm LVMH earlier this year over the way it acquired shares in the f...
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- SuperGroup realigns supply chain to support growth
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects