SINGAPORE: L Capital Asia appoints Mehra as MD
The company said Mehra has a wealth of knowledge and experience having spent the last 20 years developing premium brands including Oilily and Nike.
Over the past five years, he played a key role in expanding Tommy Hilfiger's business through South East Asia, as well as building a retail franchise business for many countries, including Indonesia and Thailand.
"We are fortunate to have someone of Uday Mehra's calibre and experience," said L Capital Asia managing partner Ravi Thakran.
"L Capital Asia is continuously growing and we are at a critical moment where we need a strong and visionary leadership team to implement our strategy and take advantage of the market opportunities ahead.
"Uday has a proven track record of execution and is a globally accomplished retail and brand executive in both Asia and Europe. He is a strong communicator with deep leadership capabilities."
PVH's acquisition of Warnaco will have the obvious benefit of uniting the Calvin Klein brand, but PVH chairman and CEO Emanuel Chirico also emphasised the potential to leverage Warnaco's strong platfo...
Premium lifestyle brand Tommy Hilfiger is joining forces with Brazil-based Inbrands to distribute its products in the country....
Clothing maker PVH is to buy rival The Warnaco Group in a cash-and-stock deal worth about $2.9bn that also brings together all Calvin Klein apparel categories in one place for a single vision of the b...
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
The production of sustainable apparel in China has a "blind spot" that wastes large amounts of energy and water, and causes pollution problems, says a new report....
Luxury goods powerhouse LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has booked a 15% increase in third quarter revenue on the back of its strong performance in the US....
France's public prosecutor has opened a preliminary investigation following the lawsuit lodged by Hermès against rival luxury goods firm LVMH earlier this year over the way it acquired shares in the f...
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Bangladesh workers in constructive employer talks
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Joint programme to promote compliance in Pakistan
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- China - ISA Country Report