TUNISIA: La Griffe, Optaglio team up on holographic labels
North African garment label manufacturer La Griffe Internationale has joined forces with Optaglio, an international hologram producer based in the UK and Czech Republic, to offer a new anti-counterfeiting and authentication solution for brand owners.
Under the terms of the arrangement, Optaglio's high-resolution Multimatrix holograms will be integrated into the garment labels and hangtags manufactured by La Griffe.
Multimatrix holograms have an eye-catching visual impact that helps enhance brand awareness.
But they also offer what are described as "cutting edge" anti-counterfeit security features, ranging from general public recognition, to inspector-oriented hidden features, to forensic features which can only be identified with specialized equipment in laboratory conditions.
"This is an exciting collaboration for us," says La Griffe general manager Slaheddine Ktari.
"With Optaglio's unique technology, we can provide owners of signature brands an unprecedented level of confidence that counterfeit product will not erode brand stature."
La Griffe is located in close proximity to some of the largest fashion sub-contractors of the major US and European brands, and retailers in North Africa, Egypt, Jordan, and Romania.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Oxford Industries, Shoe Carnival
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective