SOUTH AFRICA: LA Group May Be Sued In Store Sale Dispute
South African firm Platinum Holdings is set to launch a R100 million damages claim against LA Jeans and its parent company, LA Group, following a high court ruling over the planned sale of LA stores to Platinum. Platinum, which owns the Aca Joe, Vertigo, Jenni Button and Hilton brands, wanted to acquire 15 LA Jean stores in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria and Durban and 12 Oxygen stores in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, and Port Elizabeth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report