SOUTH AFRICA: LA Group May Be Sued In Store Sale Dispute
South African firm Platinum Holdings is set to launch a R100 million damages claim against LA Jeans and its parent company, LA Group, following a high court ruling over the planned sale of LA stores to Platinum. Platinum, which owns the Aca Joe, Vertigo, Jenni Button and Hilton brands, wanted to acquire 15 LA Jean stores in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria and Durban and 12 Oxygen stores in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, and Port Elizabeth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores