USA: LA Lakers Star Fox Signs For Skechers
US-based footwear giant Skechers announced on Tuesday it had agreed a worldwide celebrity endorsement deal with LA Lakers basketball player, NBA champion, and film and television actor Rick Fox to represent its men's lines in a series of ads.
Skechers said it expects the print campaign to build brand recognition and reach new markets through his high-profile image and diverse appeal in the adverts.
It added that Fox's skills on the court and acclaimed performances in productions such as the gritty award-winning HBO prison drama "Oz" and Spike Lee's "He Got Game" present a unique crossover appeal ideal for Skechers' diverse product offering.
"Rick Fox is the embodiment of classic charm and raw talent,'' said Skechers chief executive officer and chairman, Robert Greenberg. "His persona extends across an impressive scope, from the sophisticated celebrity and family man to the accomplished athlete and rising actor.
"His universal appeal attracts scores of fans, making him an effective representative for Skechers' diverse array of product. We believe that his recognisable image and reputation as a man of integrity and skill will further grow the Skechers brand name and reach untapped markets."
Companies: VF Corporation
Food and consumer products group Sara Lee Corp is axing 775 jobs from its Branded Apparel business as it prepares to turn the division into a publicly held company....
VF Corporation owned denim brand, Lee, has seen growth of about 30 per cent in India, with sales rising from US$18 million (Rs780 million) in 2003 to over US$23 million (Rs1 billion) in 2004....
Jeans wear company Lee Cooper Group Limited and its affiliated companies have been acquired by Sun Capital Partners Inc's affiliate and two unrelated equity sponsors....
Intimate apparel manufacturer Sara Lee Branded Apparel has introduced an integrated mix of retail and supply chain software at its Lovable division in Italy to enhance the smooth running of its new re...
Value retail chain Matalan Plc has confirmed that it will sell its Lee Cooper brand to private equity firm Emerisque Capital for £30 million, and has reported a 31 per cent hike in full-year underlyin...
Manufacturing giant Sara Lee Corp's branded apparel unit plans to axe 350 jobs from the division that makes Champion sportswear and intimate apparel under the Bali, Playtex, L'eggs and Wonderbra brand...
US retail group Sara Lee Corporation has named Frank van Oers as a vice president of the corporation, with immediate effect....
Apparel manufacturer VF Corp has reported an 18 per cent leap in first-quarter income, encouraged by good business at its outdoor, imagewear and sportswear businesses following acquisitions....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020