FRANCE: La Redoute loses appeal in swimsuit copy case
The appeal court upheld an initial judgment, but reduced the sum La Redoute must pay to Pain et Sucre in compensation from EUR200,000 (US$257,777) to EUR50,000, while damages have been halved to EUR50,000.
"La Redoute has a decreased fine and will pay less in damages, but what is more important is that the appeal court has confirmed its conviction for counterfeiting a Pain et Sucre design," a spokesperson for the designer firm told just-style today (13 September).
The swimsuit model in question is a registered design at France's national Institute of Industrial Property.
Pain et Sucre says it is normally sold at between EUR120 and EUR150. However, La Redoute's copy was being offered in its catalogues at between EUR15 and EUR20.
French apparel and luxury group PPR is reportedly considering changing its name to Kering as it looks to focus on its luxury and sportswear businesses....
PPR's Redcats division has entered an agreement to sell its apparel and homeware brands Ellos and Jotex to Nordic Capital Fund VII for EUR275m (US$365m). ...
Italian investment group Borletti is in exclusive negotiations with Deutsche Bank's real estate arm, Rreef, to acquire its stake in French department store chain Printemps....
PPR is confident of continued growth in 2013, after posting a rise in 2012 net profit as strong sales of its luxury brands offset weakness in its sports division....
PPR has completed the sale of its OneStopPlus US plus sized clothing business to private equity firms Charlesbank Capital Partners and Webster Capital. ...
Online fashion retailer Yoox recorded a sharp increase in sales during 2012, after recording strong growth in its key international markets....
French apparel and luxury group PPR has acquired a 51% stake in designer brand Christopher Kane in order to help develop the business....
French apparel group PPR has entered into negotiations with Alpha Private Equity Fund 6 (APEF 6) for the sale of Redcats' Cyrillus and Vertbaudet children and family brands for EUR119m (US$156m). ...
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020