CANADA: La Senza And Hunkemoller Settle Dispute
Following a Europe-wide preliminary injunction issued by a Dutch court, the two retailers agreed that Hunkemoller would cease using the Seza trade name as of May 31.
The possibility of confusion and the impairment of exclusivity of the trademark 'La Senza' were cited by the judge in issuing the injunction.
"We are pleased with the court's decision, as we have spent many years building awareness of the La Senza brand internationally, and the possibility that other companies could create a similar name that may cause confusion amongst customers, was an unacceptable situation," La Senza Canadian president Laurence Lewin said.
La Senza brought court action against Hunkemoller following press reports earlier this year that the Dutch chain was planning to change its lingerie chain's name to incorporate the word 'Seza'.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020