CANADA: La Senza Puts Suzy Shier Chain Up For Sale
The Montreal-based company said in a news release it is studying all strategic alternatives for the 180-store brand to improve its overall performance and had a net book value of about C$20 million as of February 1, prior to writedowns.
Chairman and CEO, Irving Teitelbaum, stated: "We have said on numerous occasions that the future of the La Senza Corp and the focus of the organisation is in the expansion and development of the La Senza brand in Canada and around the world."
"The change of name of the company two years ago was evidence of this commitment to the brand strategy and this is but the next logical step in our evolution into a world-wide branded apparel retailer."
La Senza currently operates nearly 500 stores under banners including La Senza and Silk & Satin.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts