UK: Label maker Cash's goes into administration
Administrators have been appointed at woven labels and accessories manufacturer Cash's (UK) Limited and its parent company, Composite Materials Technology Limited.
Established in 1846, the company employed 58 people at its base in Coventry - with 47 being made redundant as a result of the administration.
"Despite the underlying businesses being profitable historically, the companies have experienced significant cash flow problems for a number of years as a result of a substantial deficit in the group's defined benefit pension scheme," said Will Wright, partner at KPMG and joint administrator.
"Over the last few weeks, we have been working closely with the directors to find a solution, but ultimately, the requirement to fund the pension scheme left the Directors with little option other than to seek the appointment of administrators.
"It is our intention to continue limited trade to satisfy current orders while we seek a buyer."
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change