UK: Label maker Cash's goes into administration
Administrators have been appointed at woven labels and accessories manufacturer Cash's (UK) Limited and its parent company, Composite Materials Technology Limited.
Established in 1846, the company employed 58 people at its base in Coventry - with 47 being made redundant as a result of the administration.
"Despite the underlying businesses being profitable historically, the companies have experienced significant cash flow problems for a number of years as a result of a substantial deficit in the group's defined benefit pension scheme," said Will Wright, partner at KPMG and joint administrator.
"Over the last few weeks, we have been working closely with the directors to find a solution, but ultimately, the requirement to fund the pension scheme left the Directors with little option other than to seek the appointment of administrators.
"It is our intention to continue limited trade to satisfy current orders while we seek a buyer."
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Will Brexit trigger rise in UK manufacturing?
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Target hires Apple exec for global sourcing post
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape