UK: Label maker Cash's sold as a going concern
Woven labels and accessories manufacturer Cash's (UK) Limited has been sold as a going concern to a new company led by members of the former management team and backed by one of the firm's suppliers, Hong Kong-based The Jointak Group.
The deal, announced today (13 February), comes after administrators were appointed to the 168-year-old Coventry-based business last month.
47 of the company's 58 staff were made redundant as a result of the administration, with the remaining 11 employees now set transfer to the new company.
"There's no doubt it's been a difficult few weeks, but we're keen to start production on site as soon as possible, and are also hoping to recruit workers to the business over the coming weeks," said Gary Powles, managing director of Cash's Apparel Solutions (UK) Ltd.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape