FRANCE: Lacoste licence holder appoints North America CEO
Lacoste worldwide licence holder, Devanlay, has appointed Francis Pierrel as its new CEO North America, succeeding Steve Birkhold.
Pierrel was previously CEO of Devanlay's operations in France, having been appointed to the post in March 2012. Prior to this he spent eight years as US director of wholesale, retail and e-commerce at Diesel.
Birkhold has left Devanlay to become CEO of US women's retail clothier Bebe Stores.
Swiss distribution group Maus Frères, which has owned Devanlay since 1998, took control of Lacoste last month.
A Devanlay spokesman told just-style that the recruitment process to find a replacement for Pierrel was underway.
Childrenswear continues to gain ground against all the other categories within apparel. Even though sportswear is dramatically increasing its importance, sustained by the casual clothing fashion trend...
The return of fashionable hats and caps, including in shocking colours, both amongst men and women, had a healthy impact on the category....
Footwear can be considered as one of the most relevant and strategic industries in Argentina. Due to the continuing process of import substitution for the development of the local industry, the govern...
Tights are no longer just a garment to fight against low temperatures. They are now increasingly chosen as a relevant item to complement a women’s outfit. Women look to wear creative and sexy tights e...
Argentinean men are increasingly taking care of their looks, paying more attention to what they wear, and to the occasion. Thus, men’s outerwear companies are focusing on improving their performance t...
Argentineans are increasingly aware of the importance of taking care of their minds and bodies. Leading sportswear brands such as Nike and Adidas are the greatest motivators for the adoption of new he...
Women’s current underwear fashion trend merges sexy, attractive and retro styles in an attempt to bring back the unique styles of days of yore by wearing refined and delicate materials such as lace an...
Argentinean women, widely seen as the most elegant and refined women in the Americas, aim for a natural and delicate appearance. They also tend to have a more European attitude towards fashion and all...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies