USA: LaCrosse Footwear Drops To Q2 Loss
LaCrosse Footwear Inc on Wednesday posted a second quarter net loss but said new products continue to drive an overall improvement in gross margins.
The net loss for the period ended 26 June was $237,000. This compares to a net income of $4,000 in the same period of 2003.
For the second quarter, net sales were $18.6 million, up slightly from $18.58m in the second quarter of 2003.
Overall gross margin was 32.1 per cent of net sales for the second quarter, up from 30.2 per cent for the same period of 2003.
The company attributed this margin growth to sales of new, higher margin products, including the LaCrosse Quad Comfort line of occupational boots.
"We are encouraged with consumer and dealer responses to our new work and outdoor boots," said Joseph P Schneider, president and CEO of LaCrosse Footwear.
Companies: LaCrosse Footwear Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
LaCrosse Footwear has sharpened its sticks by bringing out new leather hunting boots aimed at swooping the hunting footwear market....
Work and outdoor shoe company LaCrosse Footwear has opened a sourcing office in Zhong Shan, China, to boost efficiency and flexibility....
Work and outdoor shoe company LaCrosse Footwear has elected William H Williams to the company's board of directors, effective as of 3 January....
US footwear industry executives last week held a meeting with European trade officials to express their opposition to European anti-dumping cases against imported footwear from China, Vietnam and Indi...
Protective shoe company LaCrosse Footwear is setting up new corporate headquarters for in Portland, Oregon....
Branded footwear company LaCrosse Footwear has reported net income and sales slumps for the third quarter of 2005, but said it is encouraged by the performance of its core work and outdoor business....
Work and outdoor shoe provider LaCrosse Footwear Inc is setting up new corporate headquarters along with a distribution centre for its Danner products in Portland, US....
Work and outdoor footwear company LaCrosse Footwear Inc has reported second-quarter sales and earnings increases, following the successful introduction of new products and continued penetration into t...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report