US: LaCrosse Footwear to open midwest distribution centre
Outdoor boot maker LaCrosse Footwear Inc has chosen the greater Indianapolis area as the location for a new distribution centre.
LaCrosse plans to consolidate its two distribution centres in La Crosse, Wisconsin into one world-class facility to improve its operating efficiencies.
The Midwest distribution centre will complement an existing one in Portland, Oregon, and is due to be completed in the first half of 2009.
"The new distribution center will allow us to get closer to our customers and increase our speed of delivery," said David P Carlson, executive vice president and chief financial officer.
In addition to creating greater capacity for growth, the location of the new distribution centre will also allow the company to take advantage of proximity of common carrier hubs.
Approximately 70% of LaCrosse's domestic customers can be reached within one day from Indianapolis.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
LaCrosse Footwear Inc's Danner subsidiary has won a $2.0m order from the US Army for its Combat Hiker boots, most of which will be delivered during the first quarter of 2009....
LaCrosse Footwear, a seller of branded work and outdoor footwear, has posted third quarter net income of US$2.8m, compared to $3.3m in the third quarter of 2007, including expenses of approximately $1...
Sportswear company Under Armour has signed an agreement to become the exclusive official outfitter for the University of Maryland's athletics teams....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts