USA: Lacrosse Footwear To Relocate Industrial Division
LaCrosse Footwear Inc announced today it is relocating its Rainfair Industrial division to other company locations in an effort to reduce distribution costs and improve efficiencies.
The changes will be completed by September 1, 2002, and the company will record a non-recurring charge of around $1 million during the second quarter of 2002, of which $0.6 million represents non-cash charges.
In making the announcement, LaCrosse Footwear stressed Rainfair Industrial will remain an important division, serving the core industrial market with both protective apparel and footwear marketed under the Rainfair and LaCrosse brands. It will be supported by the existing sales management resources in Racine, Wisconsin.
Logistics operations will continue in the Midwest at the company's distribution centre in LaCrosse, Wisconsin, while customer service, marketing, information technology and finance will be relocated to Portland, Oregon, where the company currently manages its Danner and LaCrosse retail brands.
"LaCrosse Footwear, Inc. remains committed to the core industrial and safety market with its LaCrosse and Rainfair brands," said Joseph P Schneider, president and CEO of LaCrosse Footwear Inc in a statement.
"In order to meet the needs of our customers for efficient, cost-effective operations, we concluded that leveraging our current functional systems and infrastructure will enhance our overall customer service levels and allow for improved operating performance," he added.
As well as reducing distribution costs and improving efficiencies by processing orders for both products from a single logistics centre, additional improvements will be generated through increased efficiencies in customer service, financial management, information technology and other support functions.
A sales management office will be maintained in the Racine, Wisconsin area to ensure continuity of sales and key account service.
Companies: LaCrosse Footwear Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
LaCrosse Footwear has sharpened its sticks by bringing out new leather hunting boots aimed at swooping the hunting footwear market....
Work and outdoor shoe company LaCrosse Footwear has opened a sourcing office in Zhong Shan, China, to boost efficiency and flexibility....
Work and outdoor shoe company LaCrosse Footwear has elected William H Williams to the company's board of directors, effective as of 3 January....
US footwear industry executives last week held a meeting with European trade officials to express their opposition to European anti-dumping cases against imported footwear from China, Vietnam and Indi...
Protective shoe company LaCrosse Footwear is setting up new corporate headquarters for in Portland, Oregon....
Branded footwear company LaCrosse Footwear has reported net income and sales slumps for the third quarter of 2005, but said it is encouraged by the performance of its core work and outdoor business....
Work and outdoor shoe provider LaCrosse Footwear Inc is setting up new corporate headquarters along with a distribution centre for its Danner products in Portland, US....
Work and outdoor footwear company LaCrosse Footwear Inc has reported second-quarter sales and earnings increases, following the successful introduction of new products and continued penetration into t...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022