USA: Lands' End Body Scanners Hit The Road
Land's End is taking its body scanning technology on the road, with a tour that is scheduled to hit major US cities throughout the Autumn. The company will be installing the scanners in up to 50 of its malls and stores. Shoppers will step into the scanning booths, made by Image Twin, and have their measurements taken in seconds by bursts of white light that record 200,000 points of data. The data is then stored on a secure site where it can be accessed to buy clothes from affiliated companies. According to a recent Forrester survey, 38 per cent of respondents cited sizing as the biggest deterrent to shopping for clothes online. A Forrester analyst, reckons commercialised body scanning should be a big plus for online shopping. "The inability to try on clothes or feel them is the biggest obstacle for consumers in buying apparel," she said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020