US: Langley to oversee Dressbarn merchandising at Ascena
US women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has appointed Judith Langley as the executive vice president and chief merchandising officer of its Dressbarn brand.
She replaces Keith Flusher and joins the business from accessories chain Charming Charlie's, where she held the role of executive vice president and chief merchandising officer. Prior to that, Langley held various positions at department store retailer Kohl's, Banana Republic, Gap Inc, Victoria's Secret, and May Company.
Ascena CEO and president David Jaffe said Langley will play a key role in the evolution of the Dressbarn brand, which offers clothing for petite, misses and plus size women.
Ascena Retail Group operates around 3,900 stores under its Justice, Catherines, Lane Bryant, Maurices and Dressbarn brands.
Gap Inc says it expects sales in China to grow to US$1bn in three years to become the US retail giant's second-biggest market....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"