Latest restricted substances list released
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has published the fifteenth edition of its Restricted Substances List (RSL), covering apparel, footwear, travel goods, home textiles, and other fashion accessories.
The list, which provides information on the newest developments in global product safety standards, was released in conjunction with the AAFA's International Product Safety, Worker Safety, and Supply Chain Compliance conference in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
"The AAFA RSL has assisted the industry in creating an even safer and more sustainable supply chain," said AAFA president and CEO Juanita Duggan. "This list allows our members to create safe products and be in compliance all over the world."
The list is a key resource for chemical management strategies, and is available as a free download from the AAFA's website. As well as English, it is available in Chinese, Vietnamese, and Spanish.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"