LATVIA: Lauma Fabrics acquires LE Textile
Latvia based fabric manufacturer Lauma Fabrics has acquired German textile group LE Textile.
Lauma said the deal, for an undisclosed sum, will allow both companies to "use more opportunities thus ensuring competitiveness in the future".
The group is also hoping to attract new clients in Western markets through the purchase, as well as obtain know-how and additional production capacities. In addition, the acquisition will strengthen Lauma's positions in the CIS countries.
"Lauma Fabrics and LE Textile will establish an integrate strategy in order to develop a modern and innovative production that is able to offer to their clients original products of high quality for competitive prices," the company said.
LE Textile is one of the leading producers of elastic textile materials in Europe, present under the Elastic brand name. Its clients include major European lingerie producers and it employs around 75 staff.
In 2013, Lauma recorded a turnover of EUR32.6m (US$44.4m). Its investments in production development for the period amounted to EUR3.4m.
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Apparel is third-largest re-shored US sector
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Trial cotton subsidy scheme underway in China
- Cambodia union members detained amid wage campaign
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Clothing Manufacturers (Global) - Industry Report