UK: Laura Ashley boosts Moss Bross stake to 6.3%
Home and high street fashion operator Laura Ashley has once again increased its stake in under-offer Moss Bros - the fifth time since Baugur Group tabled a bid for the men's wear firm in late February.
A statement on the London Stock Exchange this morning (4 April) noted that Ashley had upped its holding to 6.2%, from 5.96%.
It made the transaction through its financial vehicle Bagleys Investments.
Yesterday, Moss Bros announced falling to a full-year loss of GBP1.4m (US$2.8m), in line with market expectations. The company is continuing talks over a possible acquisition by Iceland's Baugur, the head of a consortium which has tabled an offer of 42p per share, valuing Moss Bros at GBP40m.
City insiders have suggested that Laura Ashley could become involved in a counter-bid for the company, or even launch its own takeover offer.
However, other reports have suggested that the company views Moss Bros as simply an investment opportunity, and has no interest in controlling the men's wear retail group.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Icelandic investment group Baugur has moved to reassure the financial markets after a major shareholder filed for administration earlier this week, and says it is business as usual for the firm which ...
Mosaic Fashions is predicting a "very tough time ahead" for fashion retail after revealing a wider first-half loss of GBP12.9m (US$22.8m) on flat sales....
A major shareholder in Icelandic investment group Baugur - which owns UK fashion retailers including House of Fraser, Karen Millen, Oasis and Principles - was forced to file for administration yesterd...
Men's wear and formal hire company Moss Bros saw its first-half losses more than double as tough trading conditions sent revenues down nearly 3% on last year....
Shares in UK retail group Laura Ashley soared in early trading today (24 September) after the company unveiled a 13% improvement in first-half pre-tax profits....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Suit retailer Moss Bros Group, which earlier in the year vetted a GBP40m (US$79m) acquisition bid from Icelandic investor Baugur Group, has reshuffled its board of directors....
Leading retail executive David Adams has been named as the new non-executive chairman of men's apparel chain Moss Bros with immediate effect....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective