UK: Laura Ashley Faces Another E-Tail Hold Up
Retail chain Laura Ashley, which unveiled its first annual profit for four years at the end of April, will not be setting up shop online anytime soon according to a report in the Express on Sunday. The retailer's web design agency, Blueberry.net, has gone into voluntary receivership. "Work continues on the site, " a Laura Ashley spokeswoman said. That has been the official line since June last year when the announcement of the online shopping venture sent the shares soaring by 12 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020