UK: Laura Ashley Faces Another E-Tail Hold Up
Retail chain Laura Ashley, which unveiled its first annual profit for four years at the end of April, will not be setting up shop online anytime soon according to a report in the Express on Sunday. The retailer's web design agency, Blueberry.net, has gone into voluntary receivership. "Work continues on the site, " a Laura Ashley spokeswoman said. That has been the official line since June last year when the announcement of the online shopping venture sent the shares soaring by 12 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again