UK: Laura Ashley sales momentum continues into H2
Fashion and homewares retailer Laura Ashley Holdings Plc today (14 December) said it has seen continuing sales momentum into the second half of its financial year.
In an interim statement for the 19 weeks of the second half to 8 December, the retailer reported a 4.2% year-on-year rise in total retail sales. Like-for-like sales increased by 4.9%.
During the period, e-commerce sales jumped 22.6%, helped by the introduction of a mobile site and increased overseas deliveries.
The retailer, which operates 211 UK stores and has 263 franchised stores around the world, in September posted a 13.7% jump in interim pre-tax profit to GBP8.3m (US$13.4m), fuelled by a 7.5% rise in total group sales to GBP145.4m.
Wedding dress retailer David's Bridal Inc has appointed Pamela Wallack, the head of Gap's Global Creative Center in New York, as its new chief executive officer....
UK retailer Laura Ashley saw full-year net income grow on the back of rising sales....
UK fashion and furnishings retailer Laura Ashley has been accused of "squeezing" its suppliers after asking them for a 10% discount on orders, including those that have already been placed....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts