UK: Laura Ashley sales momentum continues into H2
Fashion and homewares retailer Laura Ashley Holdings Plc today (14 December) said it has seen continuing sales momentum into the second half of its financial year.
In an interim statement for the 19 weeks of the second half to 8 December, the retailer reported a 4.2% year-on-year rise in total retail sales. Like-for-like sales increased by 4.9%.
During the period, e-commerce sales jumped 22.6%, helped by the introduction of a mobile site and increased overseas deliveries.
The retailer, which operates 211 UK stores and has 263 franchised stores around the world, in September posted a 13.7% jump in interim pre-tax profit to GBP8.3m (US$13.4m), fuelled by a 7.5% rise in total group sales to GBP145.4m.
Wedding dress retailer David's Bridal Inc has appointed Pamela Wallack, the head of Gap's Global Creative Center in New York, as its new chief executive officer....
UK retailer Laura Ashley saw full-year net income grow on the back of rising sales....
UK fashion and furnishings retailer Laura Ashley has been accused of "squeezing" its suppliers after asking them for a 10% discount on orders, including those that have already been placed....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies