UK: Laura Ashley sales momentum continues into H2
Fashion and homewares retailer Laura Ashley Holdings Plc today (14 December) said it has seen continuing sales momentum into the second half of its financial year.
In an interim statement for the 19 weeks of the second half to 8 December, the retailer reported a 4.2% year-on-year rise in total retail sales. Like-for-like sales increased by 4.9%.
During the period, e-commerce sales jumped 22.6%, helped by the introduction of a mobile site and increased overseas deliveries.
The retailer, which operates 211 UK stores and has 263 franchised stores around the world, in September posted a 13.7% jump in interim pre-tax profit to GBP8.3m (US$13.4m), fuelled by a 7.5% rise in total group sales to GBP145.4m.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Wedding dress retailer David's Bridal Inc has appointed Pamela Wallack, the head of Gap's Global Creative Center in New York, as its new chief executive officer....
UK retailer Laura Ashley saw full-year net income grow on the back of rising sales....
UK fashion and furnishings retailer Laura Ashley has been accused of "squeezing" its suppliers after asking them for a 10% discount on orders, including those that have already been placed....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar