UK: Laura Ashley sales momentum continues into H2
Fashion and homewares retailer Laura Ashley Holdings Plc today (14 December) said it has seen continuing sales momentum into the second half of its financial year.
In an interim statement for the 19 weeks of the second half to 8 December, the retailer reported a 4.2% year-on-year rise in total retail sales. Like-for-like sales increased by 4.9%.
During the period, e-commerce sales jumped 22.6%, helped by the introduction of a mobile site and increased overseas deliveries.
The retailer, which operates 211 UK stores and has 263 franchised stores around the world, in September posted a 13.7% jump in interim pre-tax profit to GBP8.3m (US$13.4m), fuelled by a 7.5% rise in total group sales to GBP145.4m.
Wedding dress retailer David's Bridal Inc has appointed Pamela Wallack, the head of Gap's Global Creative Center in New York, as its new chief executive officer....
UK retailer Laura Ashley saw full-year net income grow on the back of rising sales....
UK fashion and furnishings retailer Laura Ashley has been accused of "squeezing" its suppliers after asking them for a 10% discount on orders, including those that have already been placed....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details