UK: Laura Ashley sells stake in Moss Bros
Bagleys Investments, which is solely owned by Laura Ashley, disposed of its 9.5m shares in Moss Bros Group for 84 pence per share on Tuesday (14 January).
The proceeds of the sale, Laura Ashley said, will enhance the financial position of the business, and will be used for additional working capital and other purposes.
The news comes days after Moss Bros said it expects to finish its fiscal year ahead of market expectations, thanks to accelerated trading over the Christmas period.
Meanwhile, Laura Ashley last month reported a 2% decline in sales for the 19 weeks to 7 December, with like-for-like sales falling 0.7%.
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the home textile industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate soci...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015