UK: Laura Ashley sells stake in Moss Bros
Bagleys Investments, which is solely owned by Laura Ashley, disposed of its 9.5m shares in Moss Bros Group for 84 pence per share on Tuesday (14 January).
The proceeds of the sale, Laura Ashley said, will enhance the financial position of the business, and will be used for additional working capital and other purposes.
The news comes days after Moss Bros said it expects to finish its fiscal year ahead of market expectations, thanks to accelerated trading over the Christmas period.
Meanwhile, Laura Ashley last month reported a 2% decline in sales for the 19 weeks to 7 December, with like-for-like sales falling 0.7%.
Laura Ashley should continue to benefit from a recovery in fashion, an analyst has said, as the fashion and furnishings retailer revealed first-quarter sales that were in line with City expectations....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Men's formal wear specialist Moss Bros has revealed plans to replace three of its brands as part of the group's ongoing turnaround strategy....
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 201...
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- China's apparel sector ponders sustainability
- US textile and apparel trade and sourcing snapshot
- US footwear trade and sourcing snapshot
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- US trade snapshot shows apparel and footwear shift
- Long-term partnerships key to Adidas sourcing mode
- Bangladesh Alliance unveils fire safety initiative