UK: Laura Ashley sells stake in Moss Bros
Bagleys Investments, which is solely owned by Laura Ashley, disposed of its 9.5m shares in Moss Bros Group for 84 pence per share on Tuesday (14 January).
The proceeds of the sale, Laura Ashley said, will enhance the financial position of the business, and will be used for additional working capital and other purposes.
The news comes days after Moss Bros said it expects to finish its fiscal year ahead of market expectations, thanks to accelerated trading over the Christmas period.
Meanwhile, Laura Ashley last month reported a 2% decline in sales for the 19 weeks to 7 December, with like-for-like sales falling 0.7%.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the home textile industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate soci...
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- Supply chain weighs on Kering's green footprint
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions
- Brandix named PVH ‘Global Supplier of the Year’
- American Eagle Outfitters Q1 earnings soar
- Apparel bright spot in Wal-Mart Q1
- EU and Turkey to update customs union