UK: Laura Ashley sells stake in Moss Bros
Bagleys Investments, which is solely owned by Laura Ashley, disposed of its 9.5m shares in Moss Bros Group for 84 pence per share on Tuesday (14 January).
The proceeds of the sale, Laura Ashley said, will enhance the financial position of the business, and will be used for additional working capital and other purposes.
The news comes days after Moss Bros said it expects to finish its fiscal year ahead of market expectations, thanks to accelerated trading over the Christmas period.
Meanwhile, Laura Ashley last month reported a 2% decline in sales for the 19 weeks to 7 December, with like-for-like sales falling 0.7%.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 201...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Shanghai Challenge buys stake in Masood Textile