UK: Laura Ashley sells stake in Moss Bros
Bagleys Investments, which is solely owned by Laura Ashley, disposed of its 9.5m shares in Moss Bros Group for 84 pence per share on Tuesday (14 January).
The proceeds of the sale, Laura Ashley said, will enhance the financial position of the business, and will be used for additional working capital and other purposes.
The news comes days after Moss Bros said it expects to finish its fiscal year ahead of market expectations, thanks to accelerated trading over the Christmas period.
Meanwhile, Laura Ashley last month reported a 2% decline in sales for the 19 weeks to 7 December, with like-for-like sales falling 0.7%.
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the home textile industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate soci...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis