UK: Lawson signs 19 new contracts in 2007
Lawson Software has added 19 customers from the fashion industry to its user base during the company's fiscal year 2007.
It now has a total customer count of more than 320 fashion customers globally.
The software company's applications are designed to streamline and control supply chain activities. Companies that selected Lawson in the past year included Hembly International, Rembrandt Suits and Sans Branded Apparel.
"The Fashion industry faces unique challenges, with rapid seasonal challenges, complex global supply chains and operational complexities such as multidimensional variables including colour, size, fabric, fit, customised logos," said Andrew Dalziel, marketing director of fashion for Lawson.
"With high order volumes, wide product variety, short lead-times and increasingly demanding consumers, it is crucial for these companies to look at ways to improve process integration, resource optimisation, forecasting, planning and production to improve responsiveness and timely delivery - while reducing unnecessary inventory from the supply chain."
During the year, Lawson launched an additional software package called Lawson QuickStep for Fashion - a preconfigured solution to reduce ERP implementation times.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Athletic apparel company Canterbury of New Zealand has signed a contract to implement the Lawson QuickStep Fashion software application....
Lawson Software has appointed Nick Scully as managing director for its operations in North West Europe where he will drive strategy and general operations for the region....
Hong Kong's Hembly International Holdings is to open 30 Moschino stores in China over the next five years in a bid to capitalise on the country's growing economy....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022