US: Lawson upgrades Fashion PLM
Lawson Software has upgraded its Lawson Fashion Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution to include new features and an enhanced interface with its core ERP system.
The latest release, Lawson Fashion PLM 3.7, allows mass updating of style information held within Product Manager, which in turn helps improve user productivity and shortens time-to-market.
The Fabric and Trim module now includes new user-definable search fields for fabric and trim, extending its product search capabilities.
And the Lawson PLM to Lawson ERP interface now supports the updating of style information for colourways or sizes which have been added or removed from a style, helping fashion companies save time and reduce the need for manual changes.
“Fast Fashion and sustainability initiatives at many apparel companies are driving the need for solutions to support the product design and development process,” notes Frédéric Champalbert, general manager, Fashion, for Lawson.
The new release supports the Microsoft SQL 2008 database and Windows server 2008. It also supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and 8 for user running the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system and Microsoft Explorer 8 for those moving on to the new Microsoft Windows 7 operating system.
"PLM works," is the overwhelming message from what is thought to be the first industry-wide survey of retailers, brands and manufacturers around the world who use product lifecycle management tools....
Lawson Software has expanded mobile access to one of its latest business applications so that customers can log in while on the move using the Apple iPad....
Children's wear maker Fishman & Tobin is upgrading and expanding its webPDM software to the latest YuniquePLM platform to help manage its expanding global operations....
Software supplier Visual 2000 has named apparel consultant and business analyst Joseph Eiger as its new business development manager responsible for selling the firm's end-2-end solutions in Canada....
An out-of-the-box version of its YuniquePLM solution should help companies to get up-and-running on the product lifecycle management software in as little as three weeks, Gerber Technology claims....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack